Monday, October 1, 2007

A SHADE OF GREEN. . .


If you're here visiting, and you haven't already stopped by previously, I would dare say it is because of Green's most recent post.

Awwww. . .Green. . .I like that color.

Always have.

I digress, though.

Actually, "WELCOME!" and "Thank You for Stopping By!"

Some of you have seen me scrolling around and leaving a few comments here and there since September 2nd when I first officially joined Blogger at Green's suggestion.

I must give props to Dabich for "catching on" or, at least, asking about me. American Guy wanted the whole story about why exactly Green didn't even watch the Rookie's "No Hitter" Game because we were talking. I was a little surprised about that myself, AG, that Green didn't watch the game but quite happy to spend the evening talking to him! Although Green is quite the loyal Red Sox and Patriots Fan, he has also been quite conversationally accessible to me during his games, and I love that! Give the man points for this! (I do like to watch football, though, but am not much of a televised baseball lover.)

Since August 24th, we have talked nightly (with the exception of two nights) on the phone for at least three hours at a stretch, and that is at a minimum. That is not including Friday and Saturday nights when work is not an issue, and we can keep talking longer than three hours if so desired.

Believe me, I - we - are as shocked as anyone at how much we have to say to each other.

As we've said to each other, we never knew we had so much to say.

It's simply wonderful to love to talk to someone as much as I love talking to him. He seems to feel the same way too! This is even with my head saying, "Stop it! This can't be real. Don't talk to him so much. You can't really be all that much alike and compatible."

We do seem to have a lot in common, though, in terms of our personalities and the way we approach things. We're as baffled by it too. E-Harmony, so far, has done an exceptional job.

No, we haven't actually met, and he addressed this in his post. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, but we have both sent lots of pictures to each other, and I welcome you to scroll down on my blog to see my three slide shows for further pictures. I don't think I'm an ogre, and based on the pictures he has sent me, I definitely don't think he is any type of slouch (NOT by a LONG shot! I actually think he is quite attractive - Which he knows I think!), so perhaps we have a decent start physically and in terms of chemistry.

We'll just have to wait and literally see.

This story is still unfolding, but it sure seems to be an interesting one at that.

Any thoughts out there in Blogger Land???

19 comments:

c nadeau & t johnson said...

Hi Misses green!!! :)


I"m not sure if green has told you about me yet, but he makes all of his decisions based on my sage advice and great wisdom and so forth!!!

EstherNow said...

Hi, Scribe! Cute on the Misses Green. ;) Not quite there yet, but cute.

Yes, I know about you from your comments on Green's blog and the "God vs. Darwin" and "Scribe and Green on the Big Screen" Blogs. When Green and I first started communicating and talking, he was in the process of watching "Apocalypse Now," so he made mention of his venture with you.

Your name implies your prophetic ways, but I am also aware of your sarcastic tongue, so I definitely pick up on your humor in your "sage advice and great wisdom" comment there! Thanks for stopping by! Come back any time!

American Guy said...

awww

that's it

just

awww

American Guy said...

on an unrelated note, whereabouts in SC are you? I used to live in Charleston - one of my favourite places.

Jen Pierce said...

Esther...you crack me up and make me smile.

Tim said...

aww, shucks esther, you're too generous with your compliments... but I'll gladly accept them!

EstherNow said...

No, Green, I'm not being "too generous."

You're all that. . . and a bag a chips!

Like the green artistic heart I added???

DaBich said...

YAY!! Now I can do a happy dance!

So, when is the meeting?

Yes, I am impatient LOL

Tim said...

esther: I do like the artistic heart. Very Nice.

d: as soon as possible, believe you me.

DaBich said...

::still dancin::

c nadeau & t johnson said...

I like this esther. I believe we'll keep her.

EstherNow said...

Awwwww, Scribe. . .

I'm blushing.

It sure is nice to be liked!!!

Feeling reciprocated!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awww...another blogging romance!

Wayne and I met blogging on MySpace. He goes by Wayno over there. I started reading his blogs because I found him very romantic but he was all the way in Boston and I'm in Tennessee. Our readers thought we should be together -- one even e-mailed us both privately to say she believed we were fated. Still I resisted. He had a crush on me all along but he's not very aggressive.

Finally, in December I posted a blog about commitmentphobic men. He commented one sentence: "I would commit to you." Those words won my heart. I started flirting with him (well, I'd always flirted with him, so it took him a while to get it!) and finally one day I pretty much beat him over the head with my interest!

We met in person for the first time on Valentine's Day after talking for two months. It was instant attraction although it did take a little while for me to adjust. We'd gotten to know each other so well so it was weird to be standing in front of him! We've been together ever since and we fly back and forth to see each other usually about every six weeks. I'm pushing it to once a month, though, because six weeks is too long. We're talking about him moving here but we want to wait a little while longer. Just so we're both comfortable with the concept of moving in together. Maybe by next year at this time.

It can happen. I've never felt a love this strong and I always say it's because I fell in love with him from the inside out. Through his words.

c nadeau & t johnson said...

Now this next part is very important: We need you to make sure green remains calm and relaxed. He is a very, very scary guy when he gets all tense. In fact, he's been known to appear sideways and shirtless...we have no idea why, but it seemed to be in the name of "Originality" or some such silliness. So, please, we beg of thee: Keep that boy sane!!!

We now return to our normally scheduled programming...

EstherNow said...

Stephanie: Yes! Thank You!!! This is the response I was looking for from you. I wanted to hear more about your online relationship. I (we?) can so completely relate. I wonder what it will finally be like to have Green standing in front of me. We know each other at a very deep and verbally intimate level now because of our extensive, lengthy, and daily phone conversations, but we don't know one another's nonverbal cues, mannerisms, and behaviors. We have talked about what it will be like to fully and completely "know" one another in person rather than just on the phone and online. In many ways, even though we know one another really well, it will be like starting over within the relationship because we will be pairing our conversational skills with our presence. I am still having trouble getting my head - my brain - around how I can know him so well, but not completely yet. I am so looking forward to finally meeting this man. Everyday it gets a little harder to wait.

Scribe: You are a tremendous writer, let me say. I love your sense of humor, and I know of which picture of Green you speak. Yes, I agree. Is it original to put a picture upside down, or is it seizure and disequilibrium causing? Tee-Hee. I teased him about it too. Green has a great sense of himself, and he is quite confident - a trait I love. He is confident and self-depricating at the same time, but not arrogant. He is a nice blend of many attributes. You are like this as well, Scribe.

On a related note, I went to your blog and was extremely, extremely moved. You speak so poignantly of your deceased Mentor and Husband's relationship. Don't we all want that kind of long-lasting, intense, ethereal intimate relationship? Additionally, I myself am a long-time Type 1 Diabetic, Scribe. Diagnosed in my early 20s. Although it was difficult to read your entry of Sept. 30th for obvious reasons, it was simply mesmerizing and extraordinarily touching. You are an amazing writer! God has given you a real gift as a wordsmith and a navigator of our language. Keep it up!

Green: If you come over here anytime soon, you mean so much to me. You need to know that AGAIN!!! Tis true. I wish I was spending my Friday night with you in person. Boo-Hoo.

c nadeau & t johnson said...

Awww, well there have great advances in the great of Type-1 Diabetics since my mom's day-

EstherNow said...

Scribe, how right you are. I even told this very thing to Green. Years ago, I remember having to have that large hanging drop of blood and waiting and waiting and waiting for an antiquated glucometer to check my readings. Advances have come a long way. I'm sorry that your Mother didn't have those same benefits of advanced research, but she sounds like an extraordinary woman, and she clearly did more than most of the population since she earned a Doctorate at a time when that was nearly unheard of for a woman. You came from good stock, Scribe. Hold onto that like you are.

Stephanie Faris said...

Well, I read your response to my comment. I remember how nervous I was and how exciting it was to finally have him beside me. At first I didn't feel the attraction -- it was weird. I felt very uncomfortable. Like he'd seen me naked or something. Strange, huh? It gave me this weird vulnerability. But once we kissed for the first time, the physical caught up with the emotional and our relationship moved very quickly. It's not easy -- in fact, the distance is very hard at times. Sometimes one of you may seem more emotionally distant than the other and with the physical distance it's hard to know that everything is okay between you. You just don't have that reassurance you get when you're with the person every day. But I do believe it can work. If you're both determined to make it work.

EstherNow said...

Stephanie: Your reflection on this process is invaluable and priceless. I'll take whatever other insights you want to offer or give. Thank you so much!