Saturday, October 20, 2007

DID YOU KNOW? - I ADDED VIDEOS!







How fun is this?

I've added videos to my blog!

Check them out in my SideBar and embedded below!

SIDEBAR MUSIC VIDEOS
Look on my SideBar under my picture, and you'll now find "Music That Speaks To Me." There are two songs/videos that I would like to draw your attention to: Video Box #1 and #3. (Songs #2 and #4 are beautiful and well worth watching too, but I don't want anyone to get any "ideas" based on their lyrics (ahem - i.e. How I feel about Green. Smile.). I didn't pick those songs, and I can't remove them without removing the other songs that I do want to keep. The songs are truly lovely but they have no hidden meaning in regard to my life or feelings for someone. TMI? Oh well!)

Click on the first little video box, and you'll hear and see the song "Video" by India Arie. The lyrics are too good to pass up, so here they are in tiny letters to conserve space: [Verse 1] Sometimes I shave my legs and sometimes I don’t/Sometimes I comb my hair and sometimes I won’t/Depending how the wind blows/I might even paint my toes/It really just depends on whatever feels good in my soul/[Chorus]I’m not the average girl from your video/And I ain’t built like a supermodel/But I learned to love myself unconditionally/Because I am a queen/I not the average girl from your video/My worth is not determined by the price of my clothes/No matter what I’m wearing/I will always beIndia.Arie[Verse 2]When I look in the mirror and the only one there is me/Every freckle on my face is where it’s suppose to be/And I know my creator didn’t make no mistakes on me/My feet, my thighs, my Lips, my eyes/I’m loving what I see/[Chorus]/[Verse 3]Am I less of a lady if I don’t where panty hose?/My momma said a lady ain’t what she wears but what she knows/But I’ve drawn the conclusion/It’s all an illusion/Confusion’s the name of the game/A misconception/A vast deception/Somethings got to change/Now don’t be offended/This is all my opinion/Ain’t nothing that I’m saying law/This is a true confession /Of a life learned lesson/ I was sent here to share with y'all/So get in when you fit in/Go on and shine/Clear your mind/ Now’s the time/Put your salt on the shelfGo on and love yourself/Cause everything’s gonna be all right/[Chorus]/[Outro]Keep your fancy drink, and your expensive minks/I don’t need that to have a good time/Keep your expensive cars and your caviar/All I need is my guitar/Keep your crystal and your pistol/I’d rather have a pretty piece of crystal/Don’t need your silicone/ I prefer my own/What god gave me is just fine…Awesome message! Click on the third little box and you'll see and hear the song "Ready for Love" by India Arie as well. Is she not absolutely gorgeous? Another great message in that song.
The song "Video" is a nice homage to my blog's new "video" section (Tee-Hee), and the message couldn't be more empowering and "real" for women! Listen closely, Ladies, it applies to all of us! I love India Arie.

When you click on the boxes, a little video will come up at the top of my blog page. You can listen to the music without watching the video if you prefer. There is a little link above the video which reads "i'm done watching this" to turn it off when the song is finished, but I would LOVE to get in there and change that small "i" in "i'm" to the proper "I," but I don't know how. :( That is the English Teacher in me, for sure!

Stay tuned for more great music!


DID YOU KNOW? VIDEO
As to the video embedded down below in today's post, it is entitled "Did You Know?" and it is the more recent of the several at YouTube having just been posted 3 months ago. You will be amazed by the information! I saw the "older" 8 month old version three different times at various Professional Development Sessions and found it fascinating. Go check that one out at YouTube.com too. It was posted 8 months ago and has almost one million hits by now.

The information in the video below is more recent and has a few more visual references. I hope you think the info is really interesting too!

Please leave a comment!

6 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm always able to do that on MySpace but I didn't realize we could do it here too.

Anonymous said...

The videos wouldn't play for me :-(

Anonymous said...

oops I got it. I remember hearing her "video" song back in like 2001 thinking she must be unattractive, but when I saw her I couldn't believe how beautiful she was and how much she looks like she sings...

Jen Pierce said...

Esther!!!! Call me PLEASE

DaBich said...

I love the lyrics to that song. How beautiful. It reminds us what is worthwhile in a person!

JLee said...

I am a video junkie as well (as you may have noticed) Music is one way I feel I communicate, moreso than just words.