Sunday, September 2, 2007

SMUDGING THE INK

Greetings, and Thank You in Advance for Your Heartfelt Welcome!

It's just lil ol' me making a smudge on the ink of computer blogging.

Although I have been a long time user of Xanga and MySpace and more recently Yahoo 360, this is my first time here on Blogger.

Thank you, Green. [I haven't decided whether to add an exclamation mark to that or not. I'll let you know.]

Based on the above list of blog sites, it looks like I am some type of online slacker sitting around in front of the computer screen in my PJs all day writing blogs about a life not being lived. [Note: If this is you, you are still loved and your lifestyle is fine, but in your impressive computer knowledge, please don't hack me. : )] I am not intoxicated by the glow of a computer screen on a regular basis.

Far from the case of being a slacker, I live a quite active and full life. My primary blog has been MySpace, and I simply link the other sites to it. It is the number of friends who each have a preference for this blog site or that blog site, and in order to be a good friend, I accommodate those preferences. In order to have a friend, one must be a friend - even in all the technological glory.

I am still getting used to Blogger. Originally, the picture you now see was partially cut off. It is not anymore due to assistance from an outside source. [My thanks to Green for assisting me in this endeavor. I shouldn't have doubted his HTML prowess. : )]

It will take me a while to get used to this forum as it did with the others. I do see advantages to this blog site, too, so I'm not all close-minded about anything except MySpace. Besides, I'm past 35 now. Perhaps MySpace is a little too "young" for me anymore, and I know I'm not a criminal. From news reports, those seem to be the two dichotomies on MySpace, but there are many others as well - nice people, that is.


If any of you would care to welcome me to this new forum, I say "Hello!" to you in advance.
I am glad to be here.
I believe this arena is green with possibilities and potential. ;)
By the way - Is that a smudge I see? : )




5 comments:

Tim said...

I'm so happy that you've taken the plunge and created your own blog.

Tim said...

And I'm predicting that you will become addicted to it sooner than you think...

EstherNow said...

Thank you for all your help, Green. Couldn't have done it without you. Wouldn't have wanted to.

Tim said...

It was my pleasure to assist you. Any time I can help out, you just let me know. (And I'm sure you will... {wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.})

DaBich said...

Ahh..past 35?? haha, wait till you're past 45...then you're really THERE LOL!