Sunday, January 13, 2008

TERRIFIC! FIVE POUNDS LOST!




DAY 13 of THE PLAN:

Weight: 206.8 (Down 5.2 pounds from 212!)
Measurements:
Neck: 14.5 (Down .2 of an inch from 14.7!)
Biceps: 14.5
Waist: 39.7 (Down .3 of an inch from 40!)
Forearms: L9.5/R9.6
Hips: 47
Thighs: L25.5/R24.5 (Down a half inch on both!)
Calves: L15.5/R15


My previous weight loss blog was a bit depressing since it seemed that I had gained two pounds, but I am back with much better news!



As you can see from the information above, the scale and statistics show that I've lost five (5!) pounds and roughly a half inch.


This may not be earth-shattering to most, but it is good news for me, especially with the Type 1 Diabetes. I'll take any success no matter how small right now.


SparkPeople.com!!


While I am hailing my small victory in weight loss, I HAVE to tell you about this amazing website called SparkPeople.com. Credit must go to DaBich here on Blogger for telling me about this online community.


Please take time to stop by and visit whether you need to lose weight or you want to be encouraged in your already healthy lifestyle. The site is phenomenally organized and very thematic. There are so many tools and success stories. There are numerous "Teams" and "Communities" with Message Boards and incentives. The whole website is incredibly motivating!


I am really excited about finding the website (as you can tell)! Join me if you like!


Until next time. . .


I hope you'll be seeing "less" of me! [Wink. Wink.]
Just So You Know. . .
As an additional note to today's blog and just in case any of you were wondering, Green and I mutually decided some weeks back that, for this season in our lives, we are best served being good friends. I do count Green as a true friend, and I have the utmost respect for him. There will be no change in our interaction here on Blogger, since we mutually came to this decision, and we still very much enjoying conversing. Green is a kind and wonderful man, and what you see on this blog is just a nice slice of who he really is. Rest assured, we should all be proud to count him as our friend.

4 comments:

Tim said...

[Nudge, Nudge. Say no more, say no more.]

Sorry just had to add that bit {from a Monty Python routine}.

Congrats on your progress this week! That is great news! Keep up the good work!

I still think its ballsy that you're being public and journaling your weight loss measurement and goals.

JLee said...

Congratulations, Esther!! It is great to have a support system.

Tim said...

Yes it was a mutual decision between Esther and I.

Esther is a wonderful person and I'm blessed to know her and count her as a dear friend.

Who knows what the future will hold... certainly not I.

DaBich said...

Blogger ate my comment I left a few days ago....SIGH!
Esther, I'm happy you like SParkPeople. It's a great site. I've not been active there for some time, I just may have to start going there every day again!
Congrats on your success! Keep on keepin' on!