Monday, January 7, 2008

ON DECEMBER 26th - MY BIRTHDAY



This is a picture of me on my birthday on December 26th. The picture was taken at Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina by Green.






Fort Sumter actually sits on and makes up a whole small island in Charleston Harbor on the way out to the Atlantic Ocean. It is literally a fort which encircles the entire island. The first shots of the Civil War were fired here, and we happened to visit the Fort on the anniversary of it first being occupied on December 26th.


Green took the above picture of me on the second story overlook. I sent him all of the pictures of him, and he says that he is going to post them, but he hasn't yet, so I'm posting one of him here. He likes history and especially the Civil War, so visiting Charleston was right up his alley.







Green is actually QUITE photogenic, and all the pictures of him are really good. He is entirely too modest about how good he looks in pictures. I wish he would post some of his pictures for you to see. I don't know why he has delayed.





Perhaps we should ask him. . .



********************** ME TODAY:

This last picture is of me and my puppy today - actually just a few minutes ago. I'm just adding it because I feel like it. . .Enough of a reason. : )




7 comments:

Tim said...

Aaaah yes, the pictures. A good reminder that I do indeed need to post some of them and write a bit about our day in Charleston.

Tim said...

BTW, that is a nice picture of you and your puppy.

EstherNow said...

Green: Yes, get to it on posting those good pictures of you, Man!

Thanks for the compliment on tonight's picture! My hair is darker now and I trimmed it up a little, but it's hard to tell in that shot. I've had lots of compliments on the darker hair today. It works for me in the winter.

JLee said...

What a cute puppy...and you are a beautiful woman! As far as to answer your question below, I have struggled with weight issues (still to some extent) but a book I read about 20 years ago called "Diets Don't Work" changed my life and the way I thought about eating. I highly recommend it. I also have always worked out and have been athletic, but not fanatical about it. That doesn't necessarily bring weight loss by itself. Hope that helps :)

DaBich said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

EstherNow said...

Thank you, JLee, for the book recommendation and for your nice compliment! My puppy Riley thanks you too! He is proverbially licking your face right now! :)

DB: Thank you for wishing me a Happy Birthday! It is most appreciated. I'll do the same on yours!

JLee said...

In that big long comment, I forgot to wish you a happy belated Birthday!!