Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE!


Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

"How Many Things Are You Thankful For?"

This is an activity that I made my students do in class yesterday. I set the timer for ten minutes, and every student had to write out as many things as he or she is thankful for in that time span. The record for the day was 113 things, but the average for all the students was around 60 to 80! That was wonderful! I was very pleased! I wish I could display for you the glows on my high school students' faces when they finished. Thinking of our blessings makes us feel real joy.

Not to be outdone for thankfulness and praise, I'm going to do the same thing. I've set my clock timer, and I'm going to write out/list what I'm thankful for too.

Why don't you join me in this activity? Set your timer (or just look at the clock), and write/list for 10 minutes. Either do this as a post here on my blog, or take it back to your blog and run with it!

You'll feel so good after doing it, and you'll be reminded that we really do have a lot to be thankful for!

My list is in RED! [My list is in no particular order. Just as they come to mind.]

What I'm Thankful For:
My Lord Jesus Christ
Prayer
My teaching job
My students
My fellow teachers Kelly, Jen, James, Lisa, Dianne, Mel, Jan, Gina, Roxanne, Ms. Sarvis, Frank...
The teaching list goes on, because I have so many people I love at school. . .
My car
My Westie Puppy Riley
My great neighbors Marty, Glen, Tiffany, Deborah, Dwayne, Johnny
My Mom
My Dad
My Brother Sam and Sarah Neil
My New Friendship/Romance with Green
My Faithful Friend Jen
Jen's Family Ken, Linda, and Kenny
Ken and Linda's culinary skills (Yum!)
Infants and Babies - Bodhi!
My Counselor Susan
My Dearest Friend and Prayer Partner Aimee
Aimee's family - Makenzie, Laney, Erin, Patrick, Gucci
My New Friend Brenda
My Home
Warmth
The Ocean
The Beach
Sunshine
Being able to walk
Having my sight
The Bible
Speaking in Tongues
Authentic Laughter
True Joy
New Friends
Awesomely enjoyable books
My MP3 Player
Great Music
Contemporary Christian Music
India Arie
Seal
Sade
Lisa McClendon
Erica Badu
Aeishya Woods
Thoughtful Conversations
Prayer (Again - it's that important!)
Great Questions
Love
Passion
Affection
Dreams
Hope
Kisses
Hugs
Smiles
Planning for the Future
Making Money
Having a Savings Account
Starbucks!!!
TGI Fridays
Awesome Restaurants
Delicious Barbecue
Holiday Parades!
Christmas
Thanksgiving
Macaroni And Cheese
Turkey
Cranberries
Dressing
Bread Pudding
Tiramisu
The Olive Garden
Lovely Fall Days
Tenderness
Understanding
Compassion
Pretty Jewelry
Reading the Scripture
God's Eye on Me (and You!)

Well, there you go, or, rather, there I go with my list!

It's not a complete list, because I can still think of more to say, but in ten minutes I think that is pretty good.

I'll spend the rest of the day thinking about what I wrote and all the other things I didn't write but wanted to!

I hope you do the same!

Now: Get to it!!! Start doing your list!

GO ON!

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

JLee said...

That is some list! It goes right along with my post today :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

c nadeau & t johnson said...

I would be the kid you'd be signing up for therapy. Nothing comes to mind.

Tim said...

That is some impressive list you have there. You have a lot to be thankful for.

DaBich said...

SOmeone please give Scribe a great big sloppy wet kiss. That will give him something to be thankful for lol

What a list, Esther...good job!

c nadeau & t johnson said...

"Somebody?" It's you or nobody, Madge! YOUR OR NOBODY!!!

frumpyred said...

I am thankful for you as a friend. It was so nice to spend Thanksgiving with you. Love you!

DaBich said...

Come 'nn get it, sweetie ;)