Monday, November 19, 2007

OUR WEEKEND IN PICS













As requested, here are pictures of our weekend.


The roses were a dozen gorgeous red ones that Green carried with him all the way from Boston to my door in South Carolina. WOW! Dreamy. . .


The picture of the food on the table is a special dinner that Green cooked for me. Actually, we worked on the meal together, but he orchestrated the whole fabulous meal and cooked the main dish which he featured on his March 19, 2007 blog post. It's called Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce. I encourage you to check it out. Green is a great cook. He also made another meal while here. Another WOW!


From the start, Green had confidence that our first face-to-face meeting and the whole weekend would go well. I was the one who was more nervous. As it turned out, it went fabulously. It was one of the best weekends ever! We both enjoyed one another's company immensely. We are A LOT alike in many ways. E-Harmony did do a good job!


I'll write more later, but right now, Green and I are trying to "talk him back" to Boston. It's 8 p.m., and he has been on the road since 7 a.m. this morning when I left for work. He still has about 8 more hours of driving time to get back to Boston. I still can't believe he had the fortitude to drive all this way to see me, but HE DID!!!! The Biggest WOW!!!


I'll keep you posted. . .

6 comments:

Tim said...

We did have a great time. Esther is a wonderful hostess and I felt comfortable and welcome during my visit. What I saw of SC is beautiful.

We had a wonderful time together and I'm already looking forward to the follow up visit - if it can be suitably arranged - Esther coming up to the Boston area for Christmas.

Though I should clarify that the pictures of me on the beach were taken on Sunday after church. Normally I would not wear shirt, tie, dress pants and shoes on the beach....

American Guy said...

i was going to comment on the wearing a tie on the beach business. It did look a little nixonian.

For that matter, i never did get the whoe wearing good clothes to church thing. I mean hasn't your god supposedly seen you naked?

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

You wear nice clothes to church because it is respectful and reverent. You want to look your best when you go to worship.

Ultimately though, I believe God doesn't care what you wear to church because He sees what's inside your heart. He sees what's inside your soul. There's nothing you can hide from a God who is omniscient.

And technically, yes, God has seen me naked. But if that's the case, then He's also seen you naked (and everyone else for that matter)...

JLee said...

You guys are too cute together!! Glad you enjoyed the visit and now I know why you have been out of pocket! lol

American Guy said...

"You guys are too cute together!!"

thanks jlee. oh wait - you weren't talking about my and green's banter?