Thursday, July 3, 2008

YES, I DID!



I did something I haven't done in years.

Uh-huh.

I went to a live concert tonight. LOL!

Maybe that isn't a big deal to you guys, but I haven't been to a live concert since I saw Sade and Basia back in the 90s.

Oh, I have gone to a few mega Christian conferences/services and Contemporary Christian music venues since then, but I haven't been to a bonafide popular or "secular" (if you want to call it that for lack of a better word) music concert since, like, 1994.

Who did I see and where did I go, you ask?

First let me say that I got to go free. My neighbor surprised me with the gift and blessing of a free ticket. She and another friend were going, and she wanted me to come too! How nice!

We saw Edwin McCain at the House of Blues here in Myrtle Beach. . .and he was GREAT!

He is really good in concert. Very acoustic and soulful.


He is known for "Love Suicide" and "Could Not Ask for More." Those songs have really become classics.

Go see him if you get a chance. :)

I'm trying to post pictures from my cell phone, but my cell phone is blocking my attempts to e-mail the photos from the concert to my e-mail address. If I can get them to finally send, I will post my pictures of Edwin McCain and the concert on this blog. My friends and I were front and center. I literally could have reached out to touch him (not that I wanted to) we were that close.


If I can't get the pictures to post, I'll go to YouTube or MySpace and post a video or live concert footage from there.

The concert was great, and I loved going! Many thanks to M for the ticket!

"Love Suicide" is above at the beginning of this post. Below is "Could Not Ask for More" (Live footage from 2006 not last night - His hair is short now, and he is thinner.) followed by "Take Me" which is more live footage from Edwin McCain last year at The House of Blues here in MB:





[On a side note: I'm having issues all the way around with posting pictures here at Blogger. It is VERY, VERY frustrating. My own computer is blocking my attempts on Blogger to post. In order to get the previous pictures of my gorgeous friend to post, I had to write and post that blog from another computer. That's the pits. Anyone have an idea why I'm having trouble with posting pictures?]

3 comments:

JLee said...

Oh I like him! Sounds like a good concert..

Tim said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert.

EstherNow said...

Thanks, Green and JLee!

Yes, the concert was really good. It was an intimate setting, and I was EXTREMELY close to the front.

He was very acoustic and soulful, and you just knew that he was feeling every song. He also told us funny, and some serious, little stories about how he came to write most of the songs. He is a good storyteller as well. I guess that goes right along with the songwriting. :)

Go see him if he comes to your area.