Sunday, February 1, 2009

IT HAS BEEN SO LONG










I took these pictures on the beach yesterday. Lovely, aren't they? It really was that beautiful!

It has been exactly six months since I last posted here.

That is how busy I have been.

Three lesson preparations at school. (Whew!) Lots of students. Lots of work. Several school awards and even national recognition. I was even featured on two school documentaries.

I feel blessed with my career and work even if it is difficult.

Busy has also translated into tough economy. Tough finances. Although not me thus far (Praise God!), lay-offs are occurring in our school district.

The tough financial aspect isn't new. I have written about that here. The IRS said I had underpaid taxes for 2007, so I spent my whole summer working three jobs to cover the bill to them. You've got to pay the IRS. I also have my medical expenses and bills related to the diabetes. It's like having a child to raise and pay for. I have no children otherwise.

I think I am under some kind of financial curse. I would really like to see it end. End soon.

No matter how I try to get my body up on the ledge of financial security and stability, I seem to slide back into the icy waters of debt, and it's not from any bad habits or excessive spending. That's not me.

It's not from a lack of trying. I have cut out everything. There is nothing else to cut out except my special little dog who I love so much. He brings me great joy. I don't want to lose him.

I eat a lot of tuna. I drive a car that has only one setting on the fan currently. It is also leaking anti-freeze. My dashboard is coming up.

Despite all these things, I know that God is looking out for me. Somehow all this is going to work out. I believe that to be so.

There will be better days ahead for me financially. I believe that.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Nice to see a new post from you Esther! Did you post this from home, or were you at school today doing prep work for the new week?

The pictures of the beach are beautiful. Well do I remember looking out at that same ocean with you in 2007.

Give your dog a hug for me, will ya?

Keep the faith - your finances will get better someday! You're too diligent of a worker for things not to work out for you soner or later.

Susan's Blog said...

Jennifer
Great site. I love the pics. It sounds like some continued rough patches, but I know you and you will weather this as you have the other craggy times. My wish for you for '09 is that you experience financial freedom is ways that you have not previously found. You deserve to have some peace and rest in that beautiful place.
Susan

Tim said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Esther!!