Saturday, March 29, 2008

I LOVE FLOWERS!

The flowers above were sent to me by my dear friend Aimee last week (Thursday, March 20th) to let me know that she was thinking of me. That was SOOOO sweet of her.

I LOVE FLOWERS! Yes, I know they die, and they are a luxury, but I still love them, and I'm always thankful when I receive them (which doesn't happen often, but it only takes once to make me happy!). When Green and I met, he brought me those gorgeous roses all the way from New England, so I've been very blessed with flowers in the past year!

I am one of those girls who loves flowers and floral arrangements. I'm not a garden gal. I definitely don't have a green thumb. I like the flowers when they are already in a nice arrangement. Oh, I do appreciate flowers in a garden, but I have no interest in keeping and maintaining a garden myself. Make sense?

When JLee received flowers after her surgery, she posted a picture of her flower arrangement, so I'm doing the same. I posted the picture of the roses that Green got me back in November, so that picture is there as well.

As you can see, I included a picture of my Riley "smelling the tulip." I think he would have liked to have eaten the tulip, but I just let him smell the flowers. He REALLY enjoyed smelling those flowers! REALLY, REALLY enjoyed it! Westies are actually known for their "Terrier-desire" to eat flower gardens, but my lovely arrangement was not his dinner or dessert. Thank goodness! : )

For those of you who reached out to me after my Father's death, let me say Thank You again. I really appreciate your kindness. Your words were like verbal flowers! Those are the everlasting flowers that create a bouquet in the heart!

6 comments:

Tim said...

Cut flowers are really pretty.

I agree with you though. I can appreciate beautiful flowers in a garden, as long as it's someone else's garden.

c nadeau & t johnson said...

I am very sorry to read that your dad passed away. As a person who lost both parents while still in his Twenties, I can definitely sympathize.

JLee said...

Those are so beautiful! I do love getting flowers as well, for any occasion. Your dog is so cute smelling the tulips. We had a Westie growing up named Duffy, but he was kinda mean. lol

DaBich said...

Beautiful! This Easter, I was gifted with mums from my daughter and tulips from my step son. Then my step son was selling daffodils for his school. We got some of those too. MAN, do they SMELL delicious! Glad to see you posting again, I missed you!!!!!

Jen Pierce said...

Jen...you have such an eye for photography! The one of Riley and the flowers.

EstherNow said...

Wow. How did I miss all these nice comments?

Let me say I'm sorry for not responding in a timelier fashion. I haven't been very timely with much of anything here recently.

Scribe: I remember your incredibly engaging post about the memory of your mother's passing. I didn't realize that you lost your father at an early age too. I am sorry for those losses for you. I really am. Thanks for reaching out to me!

JLee: You look so cute with your new picture. Love the big hair! I'm sorry Duffy wasn't a pleasant dog. I had mean Schnauzers as I was growing up, but I have since met many wonderfully nice Schnauzers, so I totally know how those associations can develop. My last dog was an adult Westie. Her name was Molly. She died last year. I think I might post a picture and blog about her. A nice memory, I guess. Riley is quite friendly and special, but he can be sneaky and likes to pee and chew too much (STILL! Ugh!).

DB: Hey, I've missed you too! I need to stop by your blog and say, "Hi!" I learned something interesting about the current scent of flowers. The smell IS stronger, because the growers bred stronger smelling flowers. They sell better, and we feel like we've gotten a real value with the smell. Of course, who knew? Not me until I saw that on the news. :)

Fondue: Is that a real compliment? Do you really think the picture is good? Do you REALLY think I have a way with photography? Coming from you, that is a real compliment, because you're the natural photographer. I'll take your kind words (even if they might be sarcastic?). Tee-Hee. Love ya.